Behavior Technician - Home Based
Current Openings: Castleton/Fishers Area Full Time from 8:30-4:30pm and Part Time 4:30-8:30pm or later and/or weekend day shift
Description: Upon hiring, our Behavior Technicians will receive a one-week training prior to working one-on-one with a patient. They will be trained on aspects of Applied Behavior Analysis, with an emphasis on verbal behavior. Behavior Technicians should be expected to provide high quality therapy that will promote meaningful and positive changes to the individual with autism. This will be done by increasing appropriate and meaningful behaviors and working to decrease other targeted behaviors.
It is preferred that our therapists currently hold either a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field, and also have had at least 6 months of prior experience working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder or other disabilities.
- Provide one-on-one ABA techniques to individuals diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, focusing on verbal behavior
- Implement programs created by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Implement behavior intervention plans
- Communicate with fellow therapists and behavior analysts regarding their patients’ programs
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred but not required)
- Experience working with children or teens (at least 6 months- preferred but not required)
- Must obtain a Registered Behavior Technician Certification. This training is provided by ABC and lasts approximately two weeks.
- Must be team player
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills
- Must complete a criminal background check
- Must be First Aid trained and CPR certified (We provide these trainings)
- Full health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid holidays, flex days and vacation days
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience and certification
- Reduced cost childcare for employees
- 401(k) plan
To apply, please submit your online application, along with your resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all applicants.