Location: Indianapolis, IN (Castleton/Fishers area)
About ABC: As the longest running and largest ABA therapy provider in Indiana we are looking for caring and passionate individuals to help us provide the very best services to patients. With over 280 employees, 12 ABA centers, clinical research teams, an aquatics program, family support resources, an ever-expanding portfolio of community outreach partnerships and an experienced leadership and support team we are committed to providing patients the highest quality programming and services possible.
Position Description: The Billing Manager is responsible for the overall management of the Company’s billing and collection operations – including planning, directing, supervising staff, coordinating, and evaluating the day to day operations. The Billing Manager will work on standardizing and centralizing billing functions to increase efficiency, and ensure the Company maximizes revenue for all services provided (i.e., commercial insurance, Medicaid, self-pay, and other third parties.) The Billing Manager provides leadership and technical assistance to Enrollment. Identifies revenue sources not being maximized and provides recommendations to remedy the situation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly supervise the Accounts Receivable and Billing department staff and provide oversight,
- Provide leadership and guidance to Billing team.
- Provide technical assistance to Enrollment
- Develops and Ensures that Billing/Collection Policies and Procedures are implemented at all of Center locations
- Conduct monthly staff meetings to review progress on compliance measures,
- Discuss any changes in methodologies, review any new policies and procedures, and to address other issues as appropriate.
- Resolve staffing issues
- Effectively lead and retain your staff by fostering a team environment and providing opportunities for staff to develop new skills
- Works extremely well under pressure, meet multiple and often competing deadlines.
- At all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with supervisors, subordinates, colleagues, clients and the community.
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Management
Operations, Procedures, and Reporting
- Monitor Medicaid bulletins as well as information from local consortiums to keep current on any changes. Work with Enrollment and
- Billing staff to implement such changes as appropriate.
- Responsible for Regulatory Reporting requirements for the Company.
- Ensures that Agency and provider information is current
- Draft appropriate procedures to implement and monitor all policies pertaining to sound billing practices, AR management, and maximization of revenues.
- Design and implement periodic audits
- Ensure timely processing of claims, denial re-submittal, and accounts receivable management to meet compliance measures.
- Develop and implement procedures for continual quality improvements in billing to improve the accuracy and timely submittal of all data to process claims according to compliance targets.
- Work with leadership to identify operations that need to be modified to enhance revenue.
- Develop, and analyze monthly Revenue Production Reports.
- Actively participate in internal quality improvement teams and work with members proactively to drive quality improvement initiatives in accordance with the mission and strategic goals of the organization, federal and state laws and regulations, and accreditation standards, when assigned.
- ·HIPAA: Keep all protected health information (PHI) confidential and abide by HIPAA guidelines for the release and disclosure of any PHI. Will report unauthorized use of disclosure of PHI immediately
- Trouble shoots any issues, implement software updates, respond to error messages, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant major with a minimum of five (5) years managing a billing department at a healthcare center, outpatient department of a hospital, or physician group practice. Advanced degree such as an MBA, preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of billing for public programs such as Medicaid as well private insurance the use of state-of-the art practice management systems including EZ Claims
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to funding sources
- Strong demonstrated ability with solid practical experience to design and implement systems for data collection and reporting.
- Ability to organize, set priorities, work independently and work well with a diverse group of people is essential.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with a strong collaborative management style.
- Must be adaptable with ability to work effectively in a multicultural organization.
- Excellent leadership abilities with demonstrated communication and writing skills essential for this position.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and Google applications
3.5 % Match 401k Plan
9 Paid PTOs days, 9 Unpaid days, & 9 Paid Holidays (Additional PTO with each year of Service)
Full Health, Dental, Vision , Life, & Voluntary Life Insurance Coverage
Health Savings Accounts & Matching
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Referral Bonus System
Dedicated Research Department
Structured BACB Supervision Program
3 Level BCBA Program with Lead Branch BCBA Opportunities
Supportive & Collaborative Teamwork
Consistent Company Wide Communication (2x Week)
Ability for Advancement both Clinically & Non-Clinically
7 Tier Progressive Leveling System for Therapists
Community Service and Organizational Support
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please submit your online application, along with your resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all applicants.