Summer HR Internship with Fall Full-time Option
As the longest running and largest ABA therapy provider in Indiana we are looking for caring and passionate individuals to serve our patients (directly or indirectly). With over 300 employees, 11 ABA centers, clinical research teams, family support resources, an ever-expanding portfolio of community outreach partnerships and an experienced leadership and support team we are committed to providing patients the highest quality programming and services possible.
Under the direction and guidance of the Director of Human Resources, Intern will gain experience in various aspect of human resources and assist in maintaining and enhancing the organization’s human resources function with possible duties to include maintaining job boards, sourcing candidates, scheduling interviews, conducting phone screens/interviews, assisting with college recruiting, onboarding, compliance, administration of policies & procedures, HRIS and employee file & data management, assisting with benefits open enrollment, effective communication across the company.
Internship position has the potential to lead to a regular full-time HR Associate assignment in the Fall.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting and interviewing program; extending employment offers, administering compensation for new employees with set parameters, counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; attending college job fairs, recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation as needed
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Assist in maintaining employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs. Coordinating benefits open enrollment.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records, assist in preparing investigation responses.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- College coursework in Human Resources/Management or related field
- 1-2 years of previous HR work or internship experience, preferred
- Ability to convert to full-time regular employment after internship in the later summer or Fall
- Able to work full-time hours during the summer months; Part-time hours could be available before the summer
- Willing to learn
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must be flexible
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to clearly present recommendations and ideas and to summarize complex issues
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word) AND Google (Gmail, Worksheets, Calendar, Hangouts, Docs)
- Quality focused and attentive to detail
- Tenacious, resilient and resourceful
- Proven track record in a similar role with clear evidence of execution
- Must be team player
- Must complete and pass a criminal background check
- Able to work some evenings and weekends to reach candidates
FULL_TIME BENEFITS (IF made a regular F/T offer after the Internship):
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Life insurance, Voluntary life
- Matching 401k Plan
- 9 Paid holidays, 9 Paid PTO Days, 9 UPT Days
- EAP, Health Coach, Wellness Program- with opportunities to decrease medical premiums
- Corporate discounts
- Opportunity to develop HR skills in a supportive team environment
- Hourly rate and possible subsequent salary will be commensurate with experience and certifications
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
To apply, please submit your online application, along with your resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all applicants.