Position: Human Resources Intern with Full-time Option
As the longest running and largest ABA therapy provider in Indiana we are looking for caring and passionate individuals to serve our patients (directly or indirectly). With over 300 employees, 12 ABA centers, clinical research teams, family support resources, an ever-expanding portfolio of community outreach partnerships and an experienced leadership and support team we are committed to providing patients the highest quality programming and services possible.
Under the direction and guidance of the Director of Human Resources, Intern will gain experience in various aspect of human resources and assist in maintaining and enhancing the organization’s human resources function with possible duties to include maintaining job boards, sourcing candidates, scheduling interviews, conducting phone screens/interviews, assisting with college recruiting, onboarding, compliance, administration of policies & procedures, HRIS and employee file & data management, assisting with benefits open enrollment, effective communication across the company.
Internship position has the potential to lead to a regular full-time HR Associate assignment.
- Updates job requirements and job descriptions for positions.
- Assesses resumes against position requirements.
- Conducts phone screens.
- Schedules interviews with Branch Managers
- Extends Offers and ensures completion of background checks
- Administers our pay structure consistently for new employees
- Enters New Hire data into our HRIS/Payroll system, ADP
- Administers our E-verify and I-9 processes
- Attends college and general job fairs
- Assists in the administration of our benefits and wellness programs
- Assists in administration of policies and procedures
- Maintains our employee files and electronic records
- College coursework in Human Resources/Management or related field
- Flexible work schedule 25-33 hours per week
- Able to work some evenings and weekends to reach candidates
- Option to convert to full-time regular employment after internship
- Willing to learn
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must be flexible
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to clearly present recommendations and ideas and to summarize complex issues
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word) AND Google (Gmail, Worksheets, Calendar, Hangouts, Docs)
- Quality focused and attentive to detail
- Tenacious, resilient and resourceful
- Must be team player
- Must complete and pass a criminal background check
FULL_TIME BENEFITS (IF made a regular F/T offer after the Internship):
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Life insurance, Voluntary life
- Matching 401k Plan (available to part-time employees)
- 9 Paid holidays, 9 Paid PTO Days, 9 UPT Days (4.5 Unpaid days for part-time employees)
- EAP, Health Coach, Wellness Program- with opportunities to decrease medical premiums
- Corporate discounts
- Opportunity to develop HR skills in a supportive team environment
- Hourly rate and possible subsequent salary will be commensurate with experience and certifications
- Commission for recruiting of $100 per hire
To apply, please submit your online application, along with your resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all applicants.