Center-Based ABA Therapy
Center-based ABA therapy at the Applied Behavior Center for Autism offers families full-time and part-time treatment plans. All therapy is individualized and conducted by trained Behavior Technicians in a one-on-one setting, with strategic social group interaction mixed in where appropriate. Individual treatment plans are overseen by a Behavior Analyst and Clinical Director who will analyze and modify your child’s program as necessary and meet with you regularly to review progress, provide training and support, and discuss ways to continue helping your child progress toward their ultimate goal.
One of our Behavior Technicians will work with your child one-on-one throughout the day, ensuring that your child receives the technician’s full attention and that their personalized plan is implemented properly.
Your child’s Behavior Analyst will meet with you face-to-face on a regular basis to keep you informed on your child’s program and progress. Additionally, we will give you access to our digital tracking system, which is updated daily.
Language and Communication
- Expressing wants and needs
- Responding to directions from others
- Labeling items in the environment
Adaptive and Self-Care Skills
- Hygiene skills
- Chores and food preparation
- Safety skills
- Intensive toilet training
- Building independence
- Engaging with peers
- Reciprocal conversations
Play and Leisure Skills
- Parallel play
- Making requests to peers
- Playing games with peers
- Coffee cart
- Working in the community
- Pre-academic skills
- Classroom setup
- Systematic transition plans from full-time center placement to full-time school placement
Coping and Tolerance Skills
- Desensitization programs
- Hair cutting, dental and medical procedures, dressing, etc.
- Expanding food repertoire
EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTERS
(AGES 6 & UNDER)
(AGES 10 & UP)
- L.I.F.E. = Learning in Functional Environments
- Evidence-based approach to functional and adult daily living skills
- Hygiene, food preparation, etc.
- Social and community skills practiced in a variety of outings
- Restaurants, stores, etc.
- Focus on functional language and social skills development
A Day at ABC
When you drop your child off, their Behavior Technician will be waiting to greet them at the door. Thanks to our cloud-based data collection software, the Behavior Technician can pick up exactly where they left off the day before.
Most of your child’s day will be spent in intensive therapy. Our individualized therapy sessions are structured to provide both planned and naturally occurring opportunities to work on skills, whether it be responding to directions or engaging when someone asks a question.
Depending on the day, your child may also take a field trip to a nearby store or restaurant as a part of our L.I.F.E. Program.